The 4th annual Legends of Hoggard will be held on Saturday, October 6th, from 6:00 PM until midnight a the Coastline Convention Center downtown. Join us for a fundraiser honoring the athletic successes of our past and supporting our 30 teams and over 600 student athletes.
The cost is $55 per person, with a table sponsorship available for $400 that seats 8.
Tickets available at www.hoggardabc.com.
Want to buy a table, become a sponsor or attend? See attached information including limited time discounts for JTH faculty and staff:
Want to help a student who needs a little boost and learn about true Hoggard Legend see the Hebbe Student Support page.
The purpose of the John T. Hoggard High School Athletic Legends Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor those Hoggard athletes, coaches, administrators, and supporters who excelled in their respective sports or coaching/support roles and who helped to bring honor, recognition, distinction and excellence to Hoggard High School by their conduct both on and off the arenas of competition. This recognition will help maintain the spirit, pride and sense of community as well as serving as a historical account of the great athletic traditions of Hoggard High School.
- The nominee must, during and following his/her career at Hoggard, have demonstrated the pride, spirit, and success that exemplify Hoggard Athletics. All nominees should have had a positive impact on the teams and made outstanding contributions to the overall athletic program at Hoggard during their era.
- Athlete—nominee, if an athlete, must have attended Hoggard and have been out of school for at least five years. The nominee should have accomplishments that might include all conference, all region, all-state, conference Player of the Year, multiple sport participation, and school statistical records.
- Coaches/Administrators—nominee must have coached/worked at Hoggard for at least five years. If the nominee is currently coaching/working at Hoggard, the nominee must have twenty or more years of service at Hoggard. If the nominee is no longer coaching/working at Hoggard, the nominee is eligible if s/he has twenty years of service at Hoggard or is three years removed from coaching/working at Hoggard. Nominees must have participated with distinction and/or made significant contributions to athletics at Hoggard.
- Team nominees must be five years removed from the athletic season. The team should have accomplishments that might include a North Carolina State Championship or an overall record of success that is deemed worthy by the committee.
- At Large—nominees, if an at-large candidate, may be an individual, group, organization, or a member (past or present) of the community who has made significant contributions to Hoggard Athletics. Through working with the school, nominees have contributed to the betterment and growth of the programs, and improved the playing experience/atmosphere for Hoggard athletes, coaches, and/or Hoggard spectators.
- Any member of the Hoggard High Staff, past or present, or community member may nominate.
- Nomination deadline will be June 1st of each year. Selection will take place by September 1st. Recognition and induction ceremonies will take place in October of each school year, in conjunction with the “Legends of Hoggard” social, and homecoming football game, if possible.
- The Hall of Fame Selection Committee will be comprised of persons selected by the principal and Athletic Director. The committee will consist of a minimum of five (5) persons, including the principal, or his/her designee, the Athletic Director, as well as at least three additional people, including at least one representative from the Hoggard Athletic Booster Club.
- Nominees must receive 80% of the votes from the selection committee to be granted the honor. The annual voting of the selection committee will remain confidential.
- After the inaugural class, a maximum of five (5) inductees (individual/coach, team, at large) will be inducted each year at the “Legends” social.
- Nominations must include a written resume on the nominee’s years of service, accomplishments, merits, and contact information (e-mail, phone, address).
- Once presented as a nominee, a candidate who is not selected shall automatically be reconsidered annually until he/she has been considered for five years. Thereafter, re-nomination may occur at any time.
Nomination forms will be available in the front office, with the Athletic Director, and with an officer of the Athletic Booster Club.
- Will take place at the “Legends of Hoggard” social each October.
- Each inductee can choose to make a two minute statement at the ceremony.
- Each inductee will be presented with a Hoggard Hall of Fame plaque during the ceremony.
- A display area will be made available in the gym trophy case where individual names will be placed on a plaque with any available jerseys, individual and team pictures will be on display.